Saturday, September 5, 2015

This App Identifies Plants From Pictures


I don’t know how many times someone has sent me a picture and asked me to identify their “mystery plant”. Countless times! There’s now a solution… at least for anyone who owns a smartphone.

(It was brought to my attention that this app was really made to identify plants from Western Europe. I didn’t realize that at the time of writing this. Here is another app that should work better for US folks.)

It’s called PlantNet and it’s an app available that’s available in the Google Play Store as well as in the Apple App Store (it works on the iPad too!).

PlantNet allows you to upload a picture you’ve taken with your phone and it will find the closest match from its database of over 100,000 images from more than 4,000 species!

More http://b4in.info/dlcQ



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment